*** HURRICANE SEASONAL ADVISORY: During this Hurricane Season refunds for camping will be given only if the campgrounds are officially closed due to a hurricane. In this event, an official public announcement regarding Park Closure(s) will come from the Mayor/Mayor’s Office. Please listen to the news for current updates.
• • • Reopening of City Park Campgrounds is as follows:
• (In accordance with the COVID-19 Recovery Framework and until further notice) The maximum number of persons per camping permit is five (5). All other campground procedures and rules apply. All City campsites are closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
• The online reservation system will reopen on Friday September 25 at 5 p.m. You may access reservation (at https://camping.honolulu.gov) using your log-in information.
• Camping within designated City campgrounds can begin on Friday, October 9, 2020, with an approved DPR permit.
• The capacity of City campgrounds will be reduced to accommodate physical distancing guidelines between campsites. Generally, this will result in about half of the campgrounds remaining available for public use.
• REITERATION: (In accordance with the COVID-19 Recovery Framework and until further notice) The maximum number of persons per camping permit is five (5). All other campground procedures and rules apply. All City campsites are closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
*** ADVISORY: The Kokololio printable map version is temporary unavailable. Permittees for this campground shall rely on this website’s (campsite indicators) display and/or the (official) placard numbers on-site.
*NOTICE: Kalaeloa Beach Park - The comfort station will remain closed until further notice, portable toilets will be available and the outdoor showers will be operational. Parking at your campsite is no longer permitted. Vehicle parking is along the unpaved road within the campground (known as Eisenhower Rd).
*NOTICE: Nanakuli Beach Park was officially renamed Kalanianaole Beach Park (reference City Council Resolution 15-289).
*NOTICE: Permittee shall not transfer, assign, or sell any or all rights granted by the permit to a third party or relinquish possession or use of the whole or any parts of the park granted to permittee under the permit.
*** ADVISORY FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATION - Please add email@example.com to your contacts to ensure email delivery. If you are awaiting confirmation, please check your SPAM and TRASH folders for emails from the City and County of Honolulu.
At camping.honolulu.gov you can reserve a campsite up to two (2) weeks in advance.
Campsites are made available every Friday at 5:00 p.m. (Hawaii Standard Time) including Holidays. Camping fees for a campsite holding up to ten (10) persons will be thirty-two (32) dollars for a three day campground and fifty-two (52) dollars for a five day campground. Per FAQ 1: Camping permits in city campgrounds are issued for three (3) days or five (5) days only, depending on the park. Camping always begins on Friday and extends through the weekend ending on either Monday at 8am (3 days) or Wednesday at 8am (5 days).
Parking permits now require you to provide make, model, color, year, and license plate number for each of up to three cars. Only cars with parking permits are allowed overnight.
THERE ARE NO CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS OR REFUNDS FOR ISSUED PERMITS.
This site only applies to City and County of Honolulu parks. If you wish to camp at a Hawaii State Park, please click
Please see our FAQs if you have further questions.